Thursday, March 25, 2010

Location Update, Part 2.

Seems some of you have been having trouble posting comments to my blog. I actually can't seem to post a comment myself, so I don't know what's up....what kind of problems are you having with the comment function? I read all the comments, so let me know if there's something specific you'd like to discuss. My email is laurenhaleybrock@hotmail.com. In the meantime I will contact blogger and find out how to get the comment function working...

I did see that the Visa rules are changing, but since it's now been 9 months since I have been employed part-time, and 14 months since I have worked full time, my prior earnings have fallen too low to get enough points in that area. February was the last month I could have made it to a high enough prior earnings level....so even now that the rules are changing, I don't think I'll be eligible for another 6-8 months once I get a new job ;(

3 comments:

  1. Comment issue solved---don't know what was wrong but it is all back up and running. Let me know if you have any future difficulties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same exact thing happened to me!! My boyfriend (now fiance) is British and I wanted to get a work-based visa to go live there. First I tried to get a job in social work because it is a "shortage occupation" and thus local councils are able to sponsor foreign social workers. But then the rules changed and I found out that the only "shortage" social work jobs were specifically with children/child protection, etc. And that's not my area. So Tier 2 was out.

    THEN, I had previously been eligible for the Tier 1 based on my income and education. But they changed all the rules in March/April (as you said) and now my income is insufficient. So Tier 1 was out. SO FRUSTRATING!

    Fortunately, my beau and I were at the point in our relationship where we were ready to take the next logical step in love and we got engaged. Unfortunately if you don't have a "shortage occupation" skill/education, and if you don't meet the income requirement for the Tier 1...school or marriage are the only options, really. Totally sucks.

    Hang in there, I survived...you guys, can too!! :-D Feel free to email me or msg me on my blog if you need any info or just to vent
    Partiam04@gmail.com
    http://amandamolly.blogspot.com/

    Take care,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. My word, how I hate immigration! Sometimes the regulations and requirements are so confusing, and it doesn't help when they change them. Immigration actually scares me. I'm going to England to get married and the visa application process is really overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete